The purpose of the Work Experience Internship Course is to assist you in obtaining on the job training to enable you to become a more efficient and valuable employee, while providing a practical education that supplements and enhances classroom theory. It is the student’s responsibility to secure their own internship placement. Once you have established your internship placement, please contact the Work Experience Department (707) 527-4329 to schedule an appointment with the Internship Coordinator.
Please read about the course with all instruction on Canvas.
- Are you Ready for an Internship?
ARE YOU READY FOR AN INTERNSHIP?
- Have you declared a major and completed at least one semester of college coursework with a 2.5 or better GPA?
- Do you have any work history related to your major?
- Are you currently enrolled in courses related to your major?
- Do you have a career goal?
- Are you a highly motivated, goal-oriented, self-directed person?
- If hired, can you provide proof of your eligibility to work in the U.S.?
- Do you have 4 to 20 hours per week to devote to an intern position?
If you answered YES to the above questions and want specific information about the Internship Courses at SRJC, please contact the Work Experience Department at (707) 527-4329 to schedule an appointment to meet with the Internship Coordinator. Registration is restricted, so you will need a section number and add code to enroll, which you will receive from the coordinator after you have secured an internship.
The Internship Coordinator can provide assistance with the development of internship possibilities and often a referral to local employers. The SRJC Online Job Board is a valuable resource.
- Search the SRJC Online Job Board for an Internship
SEARCH THE STUDENT JOB BOARD
Student Job Board Registration for Job and Intern Seekers
Getting started is easy:
- Go to http://www.collegecentral.com/santarosa/
- You must be a currently registered student or alumni. All services are free and are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Search for SRJC districtwide on-campus job listings for student workers.
- Search for jobs and internships posted exclusively to Santa Rosa Junior College by local employers.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder or upload a résumé file to Resume Central so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize). Your résumé will be reviewed by the Career Hub office and must be approved before it can be sent to employers or submitted online to posted jobs.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, podcasts, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Create an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Find Bay Area career employment opportunities.
- Search our Online Job Board - using the College Central Network (CCN).
- Receive e-mails about programs, services, and job-related topics. (If you do not wish to receive these e-mails, you must adjust your e-mail authorizations settings.)
Please be advised that the Career Hub office does not screen potential employers or candidates.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the SRJC Career Hub at (707) 527-4329 email@example.com
- How to Get an Add Code for Internship 99I
HOW DO I GET AN ADD CODE FOR THE "RESTRICTED" COURSE?
To get an add code, you must make an appointment with the Internship Coordinator. Contact the Work Experience Department at (707) 527-4329 to schedule an appointment. At the appointment, the Internship Course will be explained to you in detail. You will be given the appropriate section number and an add code by the Internship Coordinator once you have secured an Internship.
If you previously met with the Internship Coordinator and did not have an Internship secured at that time but now you do, contact the Internship Coordinator by email. Once the Coordinator receives the following information and has approved your enrollment, you will be given an add code:
- Your Name
- Your Student Identification (SID) number
- Your Program of Study/Major
- Name and Location of where you will be doing your Internship
- Number of Hours you will be working
- Number of Units in which you wish to enroll
- Is your Internship Paid or Unpaid?
- Internship Course Requirements
INTERN COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- Once you are registered for the course all course content and assignments is located in your Canvas course.
- Complete Internship Orientation (Module 1 in Canvas).
- Develop 4 on-the-job learning objectives with your supervisor that focus on new job-related knowledge or skills.
- Meet with your Assigned Instructor and job supervisor twice during the semester at your job site.
- Complete an approved Intern project or 3 work-related seminars or activities (offered online or in person).
- Write a 2-page report about your experience in the course (Module 2 in Canvas).
- Prepare a resume which includes current Internship.
- Keep track of total hours worked per week for reporting to your Assigned Instructor at your job site meeting.
- Hours and Units Conversion Chart
HOW MANY HOURS TO EARN UNITS?
Visit the "How many Hours to Earn Units" page for more information.
- Employment Information Form (EIF)
Employment Information Form (EIF)
Please complete an EIF as soon as possible so an Instructor can be assigned to you. Be sure to set your phone notifications to receive Canvas updates.
- Supervisor Letter
Please print this letter and give to your supervisor.