Our students work with hundreds of businesses in the Sonoma, Lake, Napa, and Marin counties to grow their job skills while being in our Community Engagement, Work Experience and Internship courses.
If you are an employer looking to hire a new employee,
consider SRJC students and alumni.
4 ways to advertise positions:
- SRJC Job Board
- Career Fair
- See this website for information on Career Fairs for employers:
- Consider creating a semester long or year-long internship for students in various occupational programs. Many employers ‘grow their own’ employees by offering internships first.
- Post a position on the job board as an Internship, Lauralyn will forward to faculty in discipline
- Contact Lauralyn Larsen, Internship Coordinator at: email@example.com
- Table opportunities - SRJC Quad
- Requests must be submitted on an Off-Campus-Vendor-Application form at least (10) business days prior to the date of tabling. An application fee: $75 per day or $250 for 4 days
- Vendor provides table, chairs, supplies, etc.
- The best times to table on campus are: Mon –Th, 10am - 2pm for the most student traffic
- Call SRJC Student Affairs: (707) 527-4424: for Petaluma Campus, contact Deborah Ziccone, firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting started is easy:
Students may develop their own internship and enroll to earn units, or they may seek placement assistance from the Work Experience intern coordinator. Through an extensive network of employers ranging from major corporations to government, private sector, and nonprofit agencies, intern students are referred to employers offering part-time jobs or internships, both paid and unpaid, in their chosen field.
Students are often prescreened and referred to employers for interviews. Selected students are required to enroll in one to eight units of Work Experience. An instructor is assigned to visit the student on the job, review the student's goals and objectives, and serve as a resource throughout the semester.